Sunday, October 7, 2012

Saved by the Bike! 2012

Its been a long while since I been down this road and the proof is in the pass words. Yup, the internet is a jealous beast, when you ignore her she keeps your things, calls all her girlfriends and locks the front door.
I had to sleep on the porch and beg Google to reconsider my citizenship in the land of oohs and aahs.
So far I'm O.K. with only a small twitch to show for the stress. The kind that makes you wonder if people think you are winking at them. Well, after a couple of ear surgeries (time to pay the piper for all those surf days I ditched school and work and weddings for) I have my hearing back in full High Def stereo and a new lease on life. You see, the "ear years" as I am beginning to call them, have been both destructive and trans-formative with regards to being forced  into "dry dock" in two critical facets. Music and Surfing. A binary system for sanity, suspending my affectations and natural animal demeanor in such a way as not to be sussed for the angry monster one becomes when the purpose for living gets the quick drop and a short stop...well there we are. all fucked up and in serious need of a boost other than alcohol.  During this time in purgatory slung between situations I was roaming home from work with my one working ear focused sadly out the window when I happened upon a bike for sale. Not a Schwinn or a huffy or anything so healthy but a blue and chrome 1980 Honda CB 900 custom with the inline four and four gorgeous chrome pipes angled in such a way that makes grown men slam their truck into reverse and spit gravel at some poor bastards strawberry stand in order to see it up close. This was it. My bike and me make a beautiful team and it might sound ridiculous to those who don't ride motorbikes but my new focus was just what the doctor ordered. Its not all about curves and revs either. Lots of the time its just routine maintenance, its time in the garage focused on a singularity that makes all the difference.  I was able to quit surfing and music with this bike as my crutch and we went all over the Sierra like a boy and his dog. Cut to the present, I'm back. I have been in the studio again recording with Eric from the Skeleton Brains band and the new song is called "Mary Magdilinium" its not out yet, might be in a few days we shall see. ( it will be on bandcamp.com) just search for the song name or Brandon Earl Bristow and it will show up, ( it will be free ). . . . as for surfing, the doctor has given me the "all clear" to hit the water so I feel like a dog with too many tennis balls, what to do first? I dunno, but its good to be off the leash and set free in the park. Lots to do including dusting off the old computers and updating my digital self. Really?.. who cares? .....Right!  but "So What" is something other than just a great song!  It's a stale thought process and I wont be bogged down now. until next time, same bat time, same bat channel.
Peace, B.B.

Vegetarian Bikers!