Monday, April 15, 2013

Perfectly Appropriate



PERFECTLY 
APPROPRIATE 



Once in a while I take a walk
Our road runs a little over a mile through a piece of gorgeous forest before it hits the highway

On these walks I take along the modern version of the "Walkman" 

Last week I was trying my levelheaded best to take my walk and simultaneously understand (at least partly)  the juicy science in an audio book by one of my favorite authors, Michio Kaku. This book is called "Parallel Worlds" (unabridged parts one and two) great stuff. 
My whole neighborhood is a dead end road. 
An island in the pines containing a handful of streets, a volunteer fire house and a pond. 
You learn to recognize the local characters by car, truck or quad. The people here have a lot of space and privacy but we share a common road out of the woods. Its nearly the only time I have to interact with my neighbors and its usually short and sweet how I like it. "Howdy Tom! fine weather we're having today, Yup, Catch ya later."  
I like to think my neighbors are on generally the same page insofar as forest appreciation goes but here and again I find, on a regular basis... Trash, on the side of the road. A Coors can here a Coke can there and occasionally a pile of cigarette butts in a perfect little pile of ashes showing that they stopped the vehicle, opened the door and dropped the vile cargo exactly inches above the scene of the crime. I am always trying to profile the evil doers in my head and it takes over my attention from the birds the bees and my main man Michio and his theoretical physics.  
An oncoming pickup with an elbow sticking out. 
Is it him? 
I just cant tell and short of dressing up in camouflage and hiding in a tree I may never catch the bastard or bastards...or bastardettes for that matter.
What the hell would I do if I did catch them?  I have a plan ....  It involves dumping my garbage in their vehicle or on their porch whatevers easier but something else has caught my attention. 
A plastic water bottle squished flat and weather beaten comes into focus in the dirt a foot or so off the blacktop.  

                                              Coyote shit is balanced perfectly on the bottle. 

 
                                  Nature herself has sent a representative to address the situation. 

                                                      How perfectly appropriate.


 Now that I know I am working the case in cahoots with the forest dwellers I feel a whole lot better about my chances with regards to Justice, Karma and all that good shit.


Time to get back to eleventh dimensional hyper space, bird watching and a little jogging if the knee holds up.  

B.E.B.  
  




  



   




 



No comments: